If you are having trouble finding parking, we are taking your feedback! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and title the subject "Parking Help!". We are compiling emails with that subject header as we develop future parking plans.
Parking demand is extremely high. Please arrive earlier to campus if you need to find a space. Please use Parking Lot P1 for overflow parking and hop on the Blue Route for a quick ride to campus. You can also use P31 at WT Weaver. We recommend taking the shuttle, walking/biking, the ART bus, carpooling and rideshare. We are enforcing parking regulations and not offering exceptions or waiving citations if the "lots are full". Parking is first-come, first-served. We have the parking capacity elsewhere on campus, although it might not be in your normal lot. Thank those riding the shuttle, they save about 250 or more parking spaces each day!
Good News! The Blue Evening Shuttle now operates on Sundays! Service will start at 5:30pm and run until 9:30pm.
Follow @UNCAVLtranspo on twitter for up-to-date service changes, route detours, and cancellations.
New Evening RED/BLUE Extended Routes
Great news! We have finalized our fixed-route evening service. No need to call campus police and wait for a ride. Our evening routes should reduce wait-times, provide a more reliable service, and reduce fossil-fuel consumption. Each route loop will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
The Red Evening Route resumes Service at 5:40pm and runs until 9:40pm. Route operates Sunday through Thursday.
- Governors Hall departing every :00, :20 and :40pm
- Health Center departing every :03, :23, and 5:43pm
- Ingles Market on Merrimon departing every :10, :30, and :50pm
- Hawthorne Northside Apts. & CVS departing every :15, :35, and :55pm
The Blue Evening Routes resumes service at 5:30 and runs until 9:30pm. Route operates Sunday through Thursday.
- Governors Hall departing every :10, :30, and :50
- Harris Teeter & Trader Joes departing every :00, :20, and :40
- W. Chestnut & Broadway departing every :01 :21, and :41.
- The Verge (Formally the Grove) Apartments departing every :05 :25, and :45.
- Freshman/Lower Parking Lots P1 and P2 departing every :07, :27, and :47.
While not listed on the new schedule, we will continue to service stops at the Bulldog, Brown Hall, and Zeis Hall.
Due to Safety Risks, we cannot pick-up or unload passengers along Merrimon Ave, WT Weaver, or Broadway. If you have a destination on Merrimon, please use the ART Bus.
As a central part of the UNC Asheville community, the mission of Parking and Transportation Services is to support learning and discovery by efficiently and effectively managing our parking and transportation resources. In doing so, we will provide and promote a variety of transportation programs that assist in providing a quality experience to support the mission of the university.
- To provide professional transportation and parking services to the UNC Asheville community.
- To encourage and develop interaction with students, faculty, staff and visitors in order to identify expectations of Transportation and Parking Services.
- To develop and maintain partnerships with on-campus and off-campus resources to assist us in providing the broadest spectrum of transportation and parking services possible.
- Resource management
Parking and Transportation Services supports state resource management. We handle reporting, allocation, and upkeep of motor fleet vehicles, campus shuttles, bike/pedestrian resources, and other transportation items as requested. We assist with the distribution of parking passes, review parking citations, and waivers for parking permits. We do set physical parking capacity or build parking lots, we manage resources available to maximize access. We act as a planning resource for transportation related decisions, point of contact with the city transportation, and mitigate via non-built solutions.