Registering for a Permit
All students bringing a vehicle to campus must register for a permit. To register a vehicle you will need the following information:
- Vehicle year
- Vehicle make/model (e.g., Subaru WRX)
- Vehicle color
- License plate number and state
- Vehicle owner information
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration and will be mailed a permit to the address of your choice. You will also receive a two week temporary permit you await delivery. UNC-Asheville does not replace permits mailed to the wrong address due to user error.
- $200 (August-August)
- $5 for daily permits
- $25 for weekly permits
- $40 for motorcycle permits (over 50cc)
- $40 for Moped permits (under 50cc)
Student lots are separated into two categories:
- Resident (R)
- Non-Resident (NR)
Due to the continuing closure of the P-4 Ridges parking deck, valid Resident permit holders may park in the P-12 deck
Effective 08/24/2021, both Non-Resident and Resident Student permit holders will be able to park in any F/S lot between the hours of 5pm and 7am. Student vehicles parked in F/S outside of those hours will be subject to citation
You can explore parking locations using the Interactive Campus Map.
- All Permit lots: anyone with a valid decal or permit can access; Faculty/Staff, Visitors, Students, and Community Members.
- Resident students must park in Resident or “All Permit” lots at all times, even after hours and weekends.
- Non-Resident & Community Member permit holders may park in any non-resident or all permit lots. They may also park in Faculty/Staff lots from 5pm – 7:00am Monday through Friday, on weekends, and official holidays. Note: Parking is enforced when class is not in session!
Vehicle in the shop? Driving another car because of bad weather? You can pick up a temporary parking permit at Weizenblatt Hall 24/7 free of charge provided you already have a valid parking permit.
After the conclusion of Spring classes, registered summer students are eligible to purchase a summer permit for non-resident spaces for a reduced fee of $20. Permits purchased earlier in the year are valid until the start of fall classes and a summer permit does not need to be purchased.