To park on campus all UNC Asheville employees must purchase and display a parking permit.
Parking Permits for Faculty/Staff
Registering for a Permit
All faculty, staff, and students must register for a permit online at Faculty/Staff Parking. To register a vehicle you will need the following information:
- Vehicle year
- Vehicle make/model (e.g., Toyota Prius)
- Vehicle color
- License plate number and state
- Insurance provider name
- Vehicle owner information (name, street address, and phone number)
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration and may pick up your permit from Weizenblatt Hall 24/7. Please bring your OneCard and vehicle registration to pick up your permit.
$100 (or $50 per semester)
- $50 for part time employees
- $100 for motorcycle permits (over 50cc)
- $20 for each additional vehicle or motorcycle permit
- $35 for Moped permits (under 50cc)
Permits purchased after January 1 are half price, with the exception of additional vehicle and moped permits.
Faculty and staff may pay the full permit cost by cash/check or enroll in payroll deduction. Payroll deduct will automatically withhold $8.33 from each monthly paycheck issued by the university. Additional permit costs cannot be added to the payroll deduct system and must be paid by cash or check.
If you enroll in payroll deduct and in a following year request to pay $100 all at once, please notify the Transportation office to halt your payroll deduction. It will continue until canceled.
- Faculty and staff lots include: P5, P6, P7, P9 (lower right-hand side only), P13, P14, P15, P16, P18, P19, P23, P24, P25, P27, P28, & P32. Faculty and staff may also park in Non-Resident (NR) lots from 5pm - 7:30am Monday through Friday, and on weekends, holidays, and campus breaks.
- Permitted motorcycles/mopeds must park in motorcycle designated spaces located in P7, P14, P15, P19, P24, P27, and P28.
You can explore parking locations using the interactive campus map.
Vehicle in the shop? Driving another car because of bad weather? You can pick up a temporary parking permit at Weizenblatt Hall 24/7. Park in the 30 minute spaces along University Heights and ask for a temporary permit at the front desk window. No fees apply, but temporary permits cannot be issued for more than 2 weeks at a time.
Temporary and Student Employees
Temporary employees can purchase permits by the month, based on their status. Please visit Weizenblatt Hall for more information.
Enrolled students who are also university employees are not entitled to Faculty Staff permits and must park in student lots. Student interns who are not affiliated with UNC Asheville may be eligible for a F/S permit, but will need to seek approval from the Transportation Coordinator (email@example.com).
University departments are not permitted to purchase parking decals for anyone being compensated by UNC Asheville. This includes paid interns, adjuncts, or visiting professors. To arrange payment for volunteers, unpaid visiting staff, or unpaid interns, contact Kathy Ponte at firstname.lastname@example.org.