If you are a freshman by credity hour or a first-year student, the parking system will not allow to purchase a permit. Weizenblatt between 8am and 11am and 1pm and 4pm to solve this issue.
In order to park on campus all UNC Asheville students must purchase and display a parking permit. First-Year (Freshmen) are not allowed to have a vehicle on campus and must request a waiver to be issued a permit. Please see our Freshman Parking page for more information
Parking Permits for Students
Registering for a Permit
All faculty, staff, and students must register for a permit online at (STUDENT PARKING). To register a vehicle you will need the following information:
- Vehicle year
- Vehicle make/model (e.g., Toyota Prius)
- Vehicle color
- License plate number and state
- Insurance provider name
- Vehicle owner information (name, street address, and phone number)
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration and will be mailed a permit to the address of your choice. You will also recieve a two week temporary permit while the permit is in route. You are responsible for being able to receive you mailed permit to the mailing address. UNC Asheville does not replace permits mailed to the wrong address.
- $100 for motorcycles over 50cc
- $35 for Mopeds under 50cc (not prorated or returnable)
Permit fees are paid through our online vender via credit card. If you have an payment issue, contact us immediately as we can only address transactions within 3 business days.
Student lots are separated into three primary categories:
- Resident (R)
- Non-Resident (NR) or Pharmacy (P)
- Freshman (F)
Resident/Non-Resident indicates if a student resides on campus or off campus.
Osher Life Long Learning Institute (OLLI) students receive permits at the Reuter Center only. Permit registration and payment is bundled with the membership fee. However, you may choose to perchase the Community Member pass if you wish to do so. Please contact the OLLI center at 828.251.6140 with any questions.
- Resident lots include: P4 (Ridges Parking Deck), P29 (WT Weaver Gravel Lot), and P31 (WT Weaver Lower Lot) Resident students must park in Resident lots at all times, even after hours and weekends. Why? All residential spaces are "protected" and special events or other users can never park in residential lots. Residential students parking in other spaces is akin to parking in two spaces.
- Non-Resident & Pharmacy Students lots include: P1, P2, P8, P9 (top level only), P10, P11, P12, P26, & P28. Non-Resident students may park in Faculty/Staff lots from 5pm - 7:00am Monday through Friday, on weekends, and official holidays. (Note: Parking is enforced when class is not in session!)
- First-Year or "Freshman" who have been granted a waiver are required to park in Residential parking lots located at WT Weaver. Freshman are not allowed to park in the Ridges Deck or any other lot. Unpermitted freshmen found parking on campus are subject to immediate immobilizatin (boot) or towing. Permitted freshman parking illegally carry an additional financial penalty and can have their parking privilages revoked.
- Permitted motorcycles/mopeds must park in motorcycle designated spaces located in P7, P14, P15, P19, P24, P27, and P28
You can explore parking locations using the interactive campus map.
Vehicle in the shop? Driving another car because of bad weather? You can pick up a temporary parking permit at Weizenblatt Hall 24/7. Park in the 30 minute spaces along University Heights and ask for a temporary permit at the front desk window. No fees apply, but temporary permits cannot be issued for more than 2 weeks at a time.
After the conclusion of Spring classes, registered summer students are eligible to purchase a summer permit for non-resident spaces for a reduced fee of $20. Permits purchased earlier in the year are valid until the start of fall classes and a summer permit does not need to be purchased.
Resident students living off campus for the summer can bring in their Resident decal to be exchanged for a Non-Resident decal at no cost.