Visitors can now register in advance online and have the pass sent to their email!
There are approximately 40 dedicated visitor parking spaces available at UNC Asheville, however Visitors can also make use of "All Permit" lots located near Zeis Hall (P26) and along Edgewood (P28). Other parking are include P1, P2, P29 and P31. You must have a permit to park in all visitor lots. Dedicated visitor parking areas are reserved at all times for campus visitors (a visitor being anyone who is neither a student, employed with the university, or otherwise permitted to park on the campus).
To aid parking enforcement all visitor spaces on campus require a displayed permit. Visitor permits are free of charge and can be obtained by:
- Online via the UNC Asheville Permit Portal!
- Visiting Weizenblatt Hall for a paper permit.
Campus departments expecting large crowds or numerous campus visitors (more than ten vehicles) may contact Public Safety for information on parking arrangements for their event (828.251.6710 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Visitor Parking Locations
There are three main visitor parking lot areas: P17 and P9 (lower level). Visitors can also use P1, P2, P26, P28, P29, P31. You may reference the lots marked in yellow on the Campus Map.
Lot P17 is located on the main University Heights loop across the street from Governors Hall (building number 21).
Visitor spaces in on University Heights are reserved for Admissions visitors only. Obtain permits for these spaces by visiting the admissions office inside of Brown Hall.
There are approximately 80 accessible parking spaces located on campus. Any vehicle displaying a valid disability placard or license plate may park in marked handicapped spaces regardless of the permitted lot type. However, disability placards may not be used in lieu of a valid UNC Asheville permit in non-accessible spaces (except in circumstances where no accessible spaces are available).
Accessible spaces are available in the following parking lots:
- P4 (Lower Ridges Parking Deck): 4 spaces near West Ridge, South Ridge, and Overlook Residence Halls
- P7: 2 spaces near the rear entrance to the Millar Facility Complex
- P9 (Lower Sherrill Parking Deck): 9 spaces for access to the Sherrill Center / Kimmell Arena
- P10: 9 spaces near the Reuter Center
- P13: 4 spaces near Owen Hall
- P14: 7 spaces near Weizenblatt, Lipinsky Hall, and Ramsey Library
- P15: 3 spaces along the roadway near Justice Gym / Alumni Way
- P16: 2 spaces near Karpen Hall
- P17: 2 spaces near Karpen Hall, Phillips Hall, and the Quad
- P18: 4 spaces near the Highsmith Student Union, Phillips Hall, Brown Hall, and Mills Hall
- P19: 3 spaces directly in front of the Highsmith Student Union, Phillips Hall, Brown Hall, and Mills Hall
- P20: 4 spaces near Founders Hall, Highsmith Union (lower level)
- P24: 7 spaces along the roadway near Rhoades Robinson and Zeis Hall
- P27: 7 spaces near Belk Theater, Carmichael Hall, Owen Hall, and New Hall
During large campus events, extra spaces are often reserved for guests with mobility issues. Please inform any event officers or staff directing parking if you require special accommodations to be directed to the nearest reserved parking area.